Erecting our Silent Soldier

On a blazing hot June day the Silent Soldier, kindly donated by Mr Ian Priestner, was placed firmly into the corner of John Street and Big Field Lane, Utkinton.  Our Vice-Chair, Graham Stewart, and his son did the honours and both are pictured here.

It will serve as a reminder of the significance of 2018 as the centenary of the cessation of hostilities across Europe although the Peace Treaty was not signed officially until June 1919.

IMG_2654

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.