Well what a wonderful day it turned out to be – apart from a tiny splattering of drizzle around 5pm, the weather was marvellous.
It was good to see so many people there and it certainly seemed better attended than many before. My personal thanks go out to;
- Steph Wrather, Susie Wilson, Suzanne Lunt and Lucy Griffith – all of who kept me going through the day,
- Julie and Sadie Pine for all the hard work in preparing and managing the 70th ‘Rose Queen Procession’,
- Our hosts Professor Phil and Mrs Alexis Redmond who made a brief appearance and stayed for quite a time plus their staff who made the erection and breakdown of the stalls so easy.
- The ‘Car Park Crew’ led by Graham Stewart
- The ladies of Utkinton WI – always cheerfully dispensing tea and cakes!
- The Crewe Concert Band – who played a really good set in blistering conditions
- Infinity Theatre and Dance Group – brilliant
- The school for organising the annual ‘Mark Williamson’ Football Trophy
- The 4+1 bike riders who joined us in honour of Jonathan Curwen and Clatterbridge
- And the myriad helpers who turned up, got stuck in and got on with it.
But most of all those of you who attended to make this the quintessential English Garden Fete.