HEALTHY LIVING HALF-DAY WORKSHOP – in partnership with Arnie Skelton at Effective Training
Thursday 31st October 10.00am – 2.00pm – Holmes Chapel Community Centre
£55 per person – inclusive of morning refreshments and lunch
Many thanks to those of you who responded to my request for expressions of interest. Due to the positive response I got we have decided to go ahead with the event. I do hope you, your family, friends or colleagues will still be able to support us.
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who has a personal interest in their own health and well-being, and/or helping others live healthier lives, such as children, family, friends, customers and work colleagues. This is particularly important when we consider that a number of our ‘staffing’ issues are centred around stress or other mental health issues. This workshop will help us better understand the issues and how we might be part of the solution.
What will I get by attending?
- a complete picture of how the mind and body can work together to create a healthy life
- a live example of what success looks like, and how it happened
- a clear understanding of how nutrition works, and how and why food works on the body and the mind
- strategies to create a permanent healthy living lifestyle, rather than a series of yo-yo diets or fads; this includes healthy eating, and low investment, high return exercise
- practical hints and tips to identify then remove typical barriers, blocks and behaviours that get in the way of putting what you want to do into effective action
What does the session look like?
- As you arrive: a looped slide show of some amazing facts and figures…
- welcome, introductions, outline of the day
- Arnie’s story: a personal journey that demonstrates how life can change easily, quickly, cheaply, and for the better
- Anna’s expertise: how our bodies have evolved to eat; how different foods and eating patterns impact on our bodies; navigating the health maze; the personal benefits you can get from eating healthily; and how to make it easy and enjoyable
- Arnie’s top 20 hints and tips for blockbusting unhelpful habits, thoughts and behaviours
- A Q&A session
At the end of the morning – over the lunch period – there will be the opportunity for a 15-minute 1-1 session with Arnie or Anna. You will be able to book your ‘slot’ on the day.
This event is not limited to Clerks and Councillors. If you have family, friends or colleagues who you think might benefit or be interested in such an opportunity then do please sign them up too!
To book your place(s) contact Hazel or Nikki at: