… TARPORLEY WARD COMMUNITY BUS SURVEY
Click on this link to download a PDF copy: Connecting The Dots
We would like to thank all of those residents who responded by the deadline – and those whose completed questionnaires arrived after we had written the report – they will be included at some stage – we are pleased to provide an online version of the recently completed Community Bus Survey that showed the following Headline Results:
- 20.6% of households responded
- 80% of households who responded would use a Community Bus that linked the six villages across the ward
- the most ‘popular’ frequency (45%) of use was weekly
- respondents (56%) believed that a £2.00 single / £4.00 return charge was most appropriate (provided that existing concessions could apply)
- The most ‘popular’ (top-3) destinations (by village in descending order) were:
- Cotebrook – Tarporley, Delamere Station & Abbey Arms (for DG82)
- Eaton – Tarporley, Abbey Arms & Delamere Station
- Little Budworth – Tarporley, Delamere Station & Abbey Arms
- Rushton – Tarporley, Delamere Station & Abbey Arms
- Tarporley – Delamere Station, Abbey Arms & Utkinton
- Utkinton – Tarporley, Delamere Station & Abbey Arms
- There was a small (5%) need for special or wheelchair access (this will not be ignored)
- The most popular travel time slot was 09:00 – 12:00 with over 75% choosing this
- The top 3 uses were; shopping, leisure and visiting health service
- If a Community Bus service was not introduced 88% would continue to use private cars
- 92% of respondents wouldn’t use the existing Community Transport (CT) provision
Statistics are all well and good, but we believe that a ‘round table’ discussion/seminar would enable all the interested parties to put forward views as to the future direction of any potential solution. Once we have ‘clear water’ ahead of us and are out of the immediate Lockdown restrictions we will be sorting some dates that we hope, might be reasonable for all and hope you will be able to attend.
In the meantime, if you have any burning questions please get in touch and we will do our very best to respond with answers. The report can be downloaded from your Community website.
Thanks for your attention and support.
Eveleigh Moore Dutton (firstname.lastname@example.org )
To download and read the report – click on the link below: