DRAFT ORDER OF COMMEMORATION
Attendees will be requested to gather at The War Memorial by 10:50 am.
At approximately 10:57, the Chair of Utkinton and Cotebrook Parish Council will call the assembly to order and offer “a welcome, why we are there and what will take place”.
At 11:00 am the ‘Last Post’ will be played
Followed by TWO MINUTES Silence.
The Chair will offer Thanks to all who have come.
Harrison Hughes will place The Remembrance Wreath
Harrison Hughes will read ‘In Flanders Fields’ (JOHN MCCRAE)
The Chair will then say: ‘We will now recall those villagers who gave their lives in two world wars: Inscribed on the Shrine is the following;
“Greater love hath no man than this
They gave their hearts to their homes
They gave their lives to their country
They gave their souls to God”
And offer the exhortation
“They Shall Not Grow Old as we are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor time condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
All to respond: We will remember them.”
Jason Hughes will read out the names on the shrine and the date of their death
- John Craven – 24th October 1916
- Alec Stoneley – 11th June 1917
- Edward Rutter – 13th June 1917
- James Cook – 20th August 1917
- John Warburton – 14th September 1917
- Thomas Wilding – 16th April 1918
- Joseph Johnson – 30th May 1918
- William Craven – 11th August 1918
- Horace Hassall – 15th October 1918
- Walter Page – 8th June 1940
After the last name is read The Chair will thank all who attended.