The Village Hall Management Committee:
The committee comprises local residents who give of their time freely to manage the fabric of the building, the multi-sport court and the surroundings, ensuring that they are available for any resident to use – although the tennis club is run as a membership ‘club’.
The Committee Members are:
- Graham Stewart – Chair and Treasurer
- Kathryn Dahill
- Sue Patten (Responsible for tennis club)
- Dave Woodward
- Margaret Bowers / Liz Hannath (Sharing the WI responsibilities)
- Richard Francis
- Karen Murray
- Frank Tunney (Acting Secretary & Communications)
The hall has been recently renovated, has a new floor (thanks to WREN who funded it and David Hulse who laid it) and is available for hire by organisations and individuals on a regular or “one off” basis. It has a capacity of up to 70 people and has 70 chairs and 20 tables. There is parking for about six cars on the small car park. Please do not park on the road in front of the hall. Kitchen facilities are available. There is wheelchair access into the hall and disabled toilets.
The hire charges are:
Regular club £6.00 per hour
Party £8.00 per hour
Public Meetings £25.00 per hour
UTKINTON VILLAGE HALL LETTING AGREEMENT
2017 Village Hall Letting Agreement (Word) –
2017 Village Hall Letting Agreement (PDF) –
Current Regular Bookings:
Utkinton Village Hall – Classes and Groups – 2017
09:15 – 10:15; Toning with Sarah White (07713 007102)
19:00 – 20:00; Yoga with Leena (01829 733426)
09:15 – 10:15; Fitness with Sarah White (07713 007102)
19:00 – 20:00; NIA Dance with Tom (07931 455481)
19:30 – 21:30; Parish Council Meetings – every other month (go to https://utkintonandcotebrook.com/the-parish-council/parish-council-agenda/ for schedule – for 2017 PC Meetings are held in Utkinton; January, March, May, July, October & December)
09:30 – 10:30; Pilates with Ruth (01829 262699)
19:00; WI Meetings held every second Wednesday in each month
09:30 – 10:30; Pilates with Vicki (01829 751661)
16:30- 17:30pm Tennis Coaching Contact Judi Jennings.
19:30 – 20:30; Fitness Class with Helen (01829 733651)
09:30 – 11:00; Toddler Group with Amanda
13:30 – 14:30; Yoga with Leena (07860 116141)
20:00 – 22:00; Line Dancing with Mrs Done
10:30 – 11:30; NIA Dance with Tom (07931 455481)
Multi sport Court:
The hall has a multi sport court with facilities available for: tennis, netball / basketball and five-a-side goals for football. It should be made clear that the rules for using the court (see below) state: “Football is limited to the younger age group (under 8) using a soft ball only.”
If you wish to join or use the facilities then please complete the Application/Membership form (see below) and post with remittance to the Membership Secretary. Links to the Membership Form and ‘Rules for Use’ of the Facility are below.
The court is ‘home’ to the parish’s tennis club with members of all ages and across the spectrum of experience. New members are very welcome. The court is a true ‘all weather’ surface and can be used in daylight hours right through the year.
To join please contact the secretary by email or contact Sue Patten on 07759 484073
UTKINTON MULTI SPORTS FACILITY
UTKINTON MULTI SPORTS FACILITY – RULES
THESE RULES ARE PROVIDED TO ENSURE THE SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT FOR ALL USING THE FACILITY.
PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM AT ALL TIMES
- Any person using the multi sports facility must be a member of the Club. The annual fee becomes payable by 30th June each year.
- A member may bring a visitor to play at the courts and the visitor fee is £2.00. This must be placed in a sealed envelope stating ‘visitor fee’ for multi sports facility and dropped off at 11 Big Field Lane, Utkinton.
- Any person using the facility who is not a member and has not paid a visitor fee may be asked to leave.
- Members will be issued with the code for the combination lock on the court area on receipt of their membership fee. Members must not disclose this number to non-members and must ensure that the gate to the court is securely locked when they leave the premises.
- Any member found to be disruptive or causing any type of damage will have to pay for any damage caused, and will have their membership revoked and no refund will be given.
- The court may be used between 9am until dusk (no later than 9pm 1st April- 30th September and no later than 6pm 1st October- 31st March).
- There may be club/coaching sessions on some evenings/days which will have priority for the use on the court and these will be listed on the website (utkintonandcotebrook.com ).
- During recreational play (not a club) play must be limited to 30 minutes if another member is waiting to play. However, if no one is waiting to play, then those on the court may play on but must give up the court if a member arrives to play.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by someone over 16 years of age at all times.
- No glass bottles or food are to be taken onto the court area and all rubbish must be removed not left on court or in surrounding area.
- Only sports footwear is to be worn on the court area.
- No bikes, skateboards, roller blades or scooters are allowed on the court area.
- If a ball goes into any neighbouring gardens, permission must be asked from the householder to retrieve the ball. Balls may be retrieved from the surrounding fields.
The court area is set up for tennis, if the netball, basketball or football posts are required they may be pulled into position but must be stored back against the netting when not in use. The netball posts must be attached to the outer corners of the netting and the football posts must be folded flat and fixed to the back netting. The court may be enlarged by removing the tennis net and posts carefully but the net and posts must be repositioned before leaving the court.
- The fencing surrounding the court area will not withstand a hard ball and anyone using a hard ball will be asked to leave the facility.
- Football is permitted for players of Primary School age, or younger, and must be limited to using a soft ball only.
- When using the court area please ensure the gate is closed to prevent any injuries.
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to alter or add to these rules to ensure the safety of the members and or equipment.
Village Hall Committee June 2017