Thanks to support from CWaC we have been able to maintain the fabric and use of the village hall and we, currently have a number of groups using the facility.
The chart below shows the regular users as of 21st June 2021. In addition the Village Hall Committee may meet and the Parish Council meets every second Tuesday on alternate months.
The Village Hall Management Committee:
The committee comprises local residents who give of their time freely to manage the fabric of the building, the multi-sport court and the surroundings, ensuring that they are available for any resident to use – although the tennis club is run as a membership ‘club’.
The Committee Members are:
- Francis Tunney – Chair and Treasurer (Pro-temps)
- Graham Stewart
- Kathryn Dahill (Responsible for tennis club – 01829 733701 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Woodward
- Liz Hannath /Margaret Bowers (Sharing the WI responsibilities)
- Richard Francis
- Karen Murray
- Graham Harrison
- Christine Needham
- Linda Wright
The hall has been recently renovated, had a new floor in 2019 (thanks to WREN who funded it and David Hulse who laid it) and is available for hire by organisations and individuals on a regular or “one off” basis. It has a capacity of up to 70 people and has 70 chairs and 20 tables. There is parking for about six cars on the small car park. Please do not park on the road in front of the hall. Kitchen facilities are available. There is wheelchair access into the hall and disabled toilets.
The hire charges are:
Regular club £9.00 per hour
Party £10.00 per hour
Public Meetings/ Parties £30.00 per Session (3 hours)
BOOKING THE HALL; (Phone or email)
Graham Harrison (Treasurer); 07425 775679 email email@example.com
Frank Tunney (Chair): 07860 917446 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Utkinton Village Hall – Monthly Member’s Club
We have a members club to provide funds for the Hall and to enable residents to feel they can contribute. It takes the form of an annual subscription (£20) and a monthly draw where members can win 50% of that month’s subscriptions. Its simple and will help the Village Hall continue to be maintained as well as it is. You can join by downloading the form and sending it, with a cheque to Richard Francis, ‘Hunter’s Tryst’, Tirley Lane, Utkinton CW6 0JZ tel: 01829 752551
UTKINTON VILLAGE HALL AGM Reports
2020 (report for 2019)
Word Document – UTKINTON VILLAGE HALL annual report 2019
PDF Format – UTKINTON VILLAGE HALL annual report 2019
2019 (report for 2018)
Word DocumentUtkinton Village Hall groups c. 2019
PDF Format Utkinton Village Hall AGM Report
2018 (Report for 2017)
Word Document – 2018 UVH AGM Report
PDF Format – 2018 UVH AGM Report
2017 (Report for 2016)
Word Format – UVH AGM Report
PDF Format – UVH AGM Report 2017
UTKINTON VILLAGE HALL LETTING AGREEMENT
2017 Village Hall Letting Agreement (Word) –
2017 Village Hall Letting Agreement (PDF) –
Current Regular Bookings:
Utkinton Village Hall – Classes and Groups – 2020
These lists may be subject to change but are up to date as of 25th February 2020 – any changes please notify us ASAP. If there are no classes or groups listed then that ‘slot is available for hire please contact Francis Tunney 07860 917446 ( email@example.com )
|Utkinton Village Hall Programme 2020 (subject to change|
|Evening (2020 March, May, July, October, December)||19:30 – 21:30||Parish Council Meetings||Francis Tunney / Diane Jones||07860 917446
/ 07904 076395
|Wednesday||Morning||09:30 – 10:30||Pilates||Ruth||01829 262699|
|Evening (Meetings 2nd Wednesday in each month)||19:00 – 21:00||WI||Liz Hannath||01829 733778|
|Thursday||Morning||09:30 – 10:00||Pilates||Vicki||07967 112895|
|Friday||Morning||09:30 – 11:00||Toddler Group||Amanda Wrigley|
|Saturday||Morning||10:00 – 11:00||NIA Dance||Tom|
|Afternoon||11:30 – 13:00||KUGB Karate||Glyn Roberts||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|To Book the Hall for any course, session please contact: email@example.com or phone Francis Tunney on 07860 917446|
Multi sport Court:
The hall has a multi sport court with facilities available for: tennis, netball / basketball and five-a-side goals for football. It should be made clear that the rules for using the court (see below) state: “Football is limited to the younger age group (under 8) using a soft ball only.”
If you wish to join or use the facilities then please complete the Application/Membership form (see below) and post with remittance to the Membership Secretary. Links to the Membership Form and ‘Rules for Use’ of the Facility are below.
The court is ‘home’ to the parish’s tennis club with members of all ages and across the spectrum of experience. New members are very welcome. The court is a true ‘all weather’ surface and can be used in daylight hours right through the year.
To join please contact the secretary by email or contact Kath Dahill on 01829 733201
UTKINTON MULTI SPORTS FACILITY – RULES
THESE RULES ARE PROVIDED TO ENSURE THE SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT FOR ALL USING THE FACILITY.
PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM AT ALL TIMES
- Any person using the multi sports facility must be a member of the Club. The annual fee (£25.00 per family) becomes payable by 30th June each year.
- A member may bring a visitor to play at the courts and the visitor fee is £2.00. This must be placed in a sealed envelope stating ‘visitor fee’ for multi sports facility and dropped off at Bramble Bank, John Street, Utkinton.
- Any person using the facility who is not a member and has not paid a visitor fee may be asked to leave.
- Members will be issued with the code for the combination lock on the court area on receipt of their membership fee. Members must not disclose this number to non-members and must ensure that the gate to the court is securely locked when they leave the premises.
- Any member found to be disruptive or causing any type of damage will have to pay for any damage caused, and will have their membership revoked and no refund will be given.
- The court may be used between 9am until dusk (no later than 9pm 1st April- 30th September and no later than 6pm 1st October- 31st March).
- There may be club/coaching sessions on some evenings/days which will have priority for the use on the court and these will be listed on the website (utkintonandcotebrook.com ).
- During recreational play (not a club) play must be limited to 30 minutes if another member is waiting to play. However, if no one is waiting to play, then those on the court may play on but must give up the court if a member arrives to play.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by someone over 16 years of age at all times.
- No glass bottles or food are to be taken onto the court area and all rubbish must be removed not left on court or in surrounding area.
- Only sports footwear is to be worn on the court area.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED – AND DROPPINGS TO BE BAGGED AND PLACED INTO THE BIN PROVIDED – THIS APPLIES TO THE AREA AROUND THE COURT AND THE CAR PARK.
- No bikes, skateboards, roller blades or scooters are allowed on the court area.
- If a ball goes into any neighbouring gardens, permission must be asked from the householder to retrieve the ball. Balls may be retrieved from the surrounding fields.
The court area is set up for tennis, if the netball, basketball or football posts are required they may be pulled into position but must be stored back against the netting when not in use. The netball posts must be attached to the outer corners of the netting and the football posts must be folded flat and fixed to the back netting. The court may be enlarged by removing the tennis net and posts carefully but the net and posts must be repositioned before leaving the court.
- The fencing surrounding the court area will not withstand a hard ball and anyone using a hard ball will be asked to leave the facility.
- Football is permitted for players of Primary School age, or younger, and must be limited to using a soft ball only.
- When using the court area please ensure the gate is closed to prevent any injuries.
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to alter or add to these rules to ensure the safety of the members and or equipment.
Village Hall Committee March 2020